Updated: May 29, 2021
The last thing I really want to write about is COVID, but of course it is part of our everyday lives now, so it is inevitable. One of the many things that is improving with the decline of Aruba’s positive COVID case count, is that live music is making its way back on the scene. It never completely left but for quite awhile live music was restricted to only one band member and only allowed to be ‘background’ music. While there is still a ban on dancing, our bands can now be comprised of up to five members. I, for one, love to listen to live music! I really don’t even care what kind of music it is. I just really enjoy the ambiance live music brings to a venue. Aruba has many talented singers and musicians. I remember the pre-COVID days when we listened to live bands at MooMba & Surfside Beach Bar under the stars, dancing in the sand. I cannot wait for those days to return! For now, we will take what we can get.
Current Happy Hour specials and entertainment:
(These may change at any time so be sure to check directly with the venue.)
· Nos Clubhuis – Happy Hours 2X per day! 12 – 1pm
& 5 – 6pm. Special prices on select cocktails, wine & beer. While they do not have live entertainment , they play a lot of fun music!
· MooMba Beach Bar - Daily happy hour from 6 - 7pm, specials on beer, wine & signature cocktails. Latin Grammy award winner Cesar Olarte sings on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. On Sunday’s he is followed by DJ Diablo.
· Bugaloe – Beautiful views from this pier bar with an entertaining staff! Daily happy hours from 5 – 7pm with drink specials &r the water on a pier on Palm Beach with daily happy hour specials from 4 – 6pm.
· Bochincha – 2 for the price of 1 on all drinks from 4 – 6pm daily for happy hour. DJ and/or live music every night! This s a container yard style venue in town with 8 different restaurants to order from. Prices are in florins.
· Alfies – Has a HUGE beer selection! Rotating food specials. Prices are in florins. Live music every Wednesday, Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm.
· Café Chaos – Happy hour drink specials daily from 5 – 7pm & live music every Thursday & Saturday starting at 8pm.
· Patio 15 – Fun vibes at this local hang out! Enjoy wonderful tapas and an extended happy hour on Fridays from 5 – 8pm! Beer and cocktail specials & live DJ or Live Bands on occasion. Prices are in florins.
Watch the planes land at this great beachfront hang out!
Boasting a 'brand new' menu (that includes pizzas from the new brick oven)!
Half price happy hour specials on beer, wine & cocktails from 12 -1 pm & 5 – 6pm daily. No live music at the moment, but they have some really great playlists!
· Battata Beach Bar – Take a break from the hustle of Palm Beach and visit Battata in Cura Cabai! (Just beyond Savaneta.) This little gem offers different specials daily along with some tasty food. Enjoy their beachy, relaxed atmosphere!
There are many more venues for music and happy hours but this is a sampling of some of my favorites. Click here to read other posts on this topic.